- Five things you should know this Christmas
- 1. We have good news for you – stocks usually rise in the last 5 trading days of the year.
- 2. And, even better, they continue their rise in the first 2 trading days of the new year.
- 3. This phenomenon was first dubbed the Santa Claus rally by Yale Hirsch in 1972.
- 4. The average Santa Claus-return has been 1.7% since 1896.
- 5. And the phenomenon occurred more than 75% of the time.
- Unfortunately, the gains are too small to compensate for the extra transaction costs involved. So instead of looking at your screen for seven days in a row…
- You better just enjoy this Christmas season!