The strategy invests in government and corporate bonds to capture opportunities in fixed income classes around the globe. The fund aims to deliver an attractive optimized total return, while maintaining the risk profile of a bond investment by targeting a return volatility of 2% to 6%. The fund has a flexible, unconstrained approach, aiming to identify the best performing markets within the fixed income universe.
From negative policy rates to yield curve control: What’s next?
In this latest quarterly outlook, Robeco’s fixed income specialists discuss the current low-growth, low-inflation environment and Central Banks’ seemingly inexhaustible monetary toolbox. Where do they look for alpha?
- A global economy that is neither overheating nor on the brink of recession is good for bonds
- Emerging local debt has further to go
- Being selective in credits is key: focus on Europe and subordinated financials
- Flexible approach by breaking away from benchmark constraints
- Managed with lower volatility and limited drawdowns compared with peers
- No excessive focus on volatile FX strategies, no equities
- In-depth company and country research as backbone of investment process
- Integrated sustainability approach for better identification of risks and opportunities
Risk management: the SMART way
01-01-2016 | White paper | Kommer van Trigt, Winfried G. Hallerbach
Integrated risk management and transparency are of key importance to flexible bond funds. Find out how Robeco Global Total Return Bond Fund maximizes risk-adjusted returns by integrating state of the art risk management.
- Systematic monitoring and evaluation of risks to optimize risks and rewards
- Assessment in advance of the impact of each new position on the portfolio’s risk profile
- Focus on both capital preservation and the potential rewards of investment opportunities
Performance Robeco Global Total Return Bond Fund DH EUR
Annualized (for periods longer than one year)
Trans (value of holdings in the fund at which
they are traded) Per 31 Aug 2016
The value of your investments may fluctuate, and past performance is no guarantee of future results.
The rationale of a total return approach in bonds
- The concept of Total Return explained
- Why is the strategy attractive for clients?
- Expectations of the bond market
- Where are the opportunities?
Fund manager: Kommer van Trigt
Fund manager Kommer van Trigt is heading the experienced Global Fixed Income Macro team with an average tenure of 15 years. Van Trigt leverages on the expertise and knowledge of a network of some 50 investment professionals in Rotterdam, Hong Kong and Zurich, including credit and rates specialists, dedicated fixed income quantitative researchers and sustainability investment analysts.More about Kommer van Trigt